Digitrax Decoder Selection Guide:
- Choosing the “right” decoder for your installation is fairly simple.
- Check the recommendations below to see if your loco is listed.
- Decide which features you want to use in your installation.
- If your loco is not listed here, check with your Digitrax dealer for a recommendation.
- Look inside the loco to determine how much room you have and whether there is a plug ‘n play interface available.
- Test the stall current of the loco to be sure the decoder is rated for enough current to run the loco reliably.
Remember, all Digitrax decoders are rated for at least 1 amp so all decoders will work in HO scale locos no matter what
size they are!
You can also check the following link from Digitrax for more information on selecting the right decoder for your locomotive: